HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Stepping Stones Counselling Group is taking the following precautions to protect our clients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus:
• Our team members have the right to determine whether an in-person visit is necessary and are not professionally or ethically obligated to offer services face-to-face. Our team can refuse to see clients in person, especially if they are older or have health conditions, or live with family members who have heightened risk factors. Our team will not unnecessarily jeopardize the health of themselves, their clients, families, or community.
• Masks are mandatory in our offices for both clients and therapists. It is the responsibility of our therapists and their clients to provide their own masks.
• We have closed off our waiting room/seating areas. Clients are asked wait in their cars or outside. Therapists will meet their clients at their scheduled time.
• Prior to or upon arrival at our office all clients will complete and sign a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire.
• Our washrooms are not available for client/public use. Clients are asked to use the washroom prior to arriving at our facility.
• Our team members and clients are asked to stay home if they have a fever, shortness of breath or a cough, or have been exposed to someone who shows signs of COVID-19 and will immediately inform anyone they have been in contact with if they test positive for COVID-19. Teletherapy sessions are provided as an alternative and the late cancellation fee will be waived if a session is cancelled for the reasons stated above.
• If a Stepping Stones Team member becomes aware that they may have directly or indirectly been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has shown symptoms of COVID 19, the team member will take necessary precautions by not coming into the office and informing anyone who they have been in contact with.
• Plexiglass barriers are installed at our reception desks.
• Our team will schedule an extra 15-30 minutes between in-person sessions to allow for sanitizing the room and materials between clients.
• Our clients and team maintain safe distancing (6 ft or 2m apart). Physical contact of any kind is not permitted.
• We have posted notices encouraging people to wash their hands and to avoid touching their face.
• Hand sanitizer is available at the reception counters.
• We are scheduling appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the building.
• Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
• Tissues and trash bins are easily accessible. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
• Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.