Canine Connections was borne from our love of our animals and a desire to share the benefits of what we do every day with our four-pawed partners.
The mission of Canine Connections is to make Animal Assisted Therapy accessible to the community through:
· Facilitation of programs for a variety of populations and needs
· Education – what is a therapy dog?
· Partnership with local agencies
· Professional in services and presentations
· Animal advocacy – health and well being
· Consulting – families and professionals
· Training – from puppy to placement
Our long-term goals include:
· Working with stakeholders and government toward legislation of therapy dogs
· Training of therapy dogs to assist in Child Advocacy Cases
· Program accreditation and education of Canine Connection facilitators
· Access to a court/facility dogs
June 5, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
150 – 1815 Kirschner Rd, Kelowna